While we’re all indoors keeping our social distance, finding things to do can be a struggle. Netflix is all fine and dandy until the stir crazy starts to hit. We are always moving in our “normal” lives, so going from always on the go, to quarantined is pretty drastic! For all my extrovert friends, I feel you. I’ve seen a lot of people online who are pretty lost as to what to do and are going nuts (guilty). When in reality, we have A TON to do around the house, but our thoughts and ideas overwhelm us. So, to help you all (and myself) I’ve put together a list of fun (and necessary) Huntington Beach Indoor Activities !
- GAME NIGHT (or day) | Board games, card games, lets bring back the 90s when this was our idea of fun. Don’t have any on hand? Order one on Amazon!
- Home Workout | It doesn’t have to be a strenuous workout where you’re sweatin’ up a storm. The Nike Training Club app is a great source for at home workouts!
- Color | This can be very therapeutic for adults, and is just plain fun for kids! Amazon sells some pretty fun adult coloring books if you need a good laugh.
- Organize | Something that’s been on my list for MONTHS. Now is the time to organize that storage closet, get your kitchen in order, and as Marie Kondo would say “Throw it away if it doesn’t bring you happiness”.
- Bake EVERYTHING | Yes this can get messy, especially if you have kids. Although, baking can be so fun & allows you to get a little creative.
- Create a scavenger hunt | This can be a fun family affair, or maybe a cute idea for couples to keep things fun!
- Read a book | I know we all have a book that we’ve been “meaning” to read. Set aside 1 hour a day to read that book! Who knows, maybe you’ll really dive in it and finish it sooner than expected!
- Paint | Your walls, a canvas, the table, whatever! Maybe not the best idea with kids, since this could get real messy lol. But, I know I’ve had some painting I’ve been itching to do that I can finally accomplish!
- DIY Projects| What better time to get those DIY projects done than now? Don’t have any projects? PINTEREST! There are so many ideas. I’ve started making my own hand sanitizer (thanks for the idea mom!). If you need any, let me know 😉
- Take a drive | We live in a beautiful place. Although we shouldn’t be outdoors, taking a drive along the coast isn’t frowned upon!
- Learn a new language | With all this time, why not learn something new? There are many resources online to help get you going.
There are a few ideas to get those creative juices flowing! Staying in doors during this Pandemic is SO CRUCIAL to beating this. Please, please, please do your part in staying inside & quarantined with your household. We WILL get through this and be stronger from it, but we all need to do our part. If anyone needs a friend, I’m happy to FaceTime & play a game (houseparty, am I right?) or just have a conversation! Don’t hesitate to reach out. If you liked this list of Huntington Beach Indoor Activities make sure you share this post! 😚